Friday 18 May 2012

Bout of Books Challenge

I could not participate in the read-a-thon for this challenge but the confessions questions they had to go along with it seemed really fun so I wanted to answer them.

Physical book or eBook?
Physical. I have a Kindle, which I do still enjoy reading, but I always prefer tangible books and now that most kindle books are almost the same price as their corporeal counterparts I will buy the physical books more often because they contribute to my long-term dream of having a library in my house.
Paperback or Hardcover?
Paperback. I find hardcovers harder to read. They usually look a whole lot nicer but I don't want to pick them up in case I damage them, which I usually do.
 
Reality or Make-believe?
Is this like non-fiction vs. fiction? Because if that's what it is I pick fiction any day of the week.
 
Adult or Young-Adult?
I'll read either but I usually prefer YA. I'm in my last teenage year and I find I just prefer stories about people of a similar age to me.
 
Dog ears or Bookmarks?
I am such a terrible bookworm but I dog ear my books. I don't like when people completely trash books but I like my books to look like they've had a little loving and not just sat untouched on my shelf.
 
Breaking the spine or Barely open the book? 
If you open a book you're likely to break the spine, but I'm assuming this question means opening it so wide that it will never close properly again and the spine folds perfectly in half? I could never do that to a book. My mum does. That's not loving a book, that's abusing it. 

Tea or Coffee?
Tea. I'm British. I like my tea like my men. Dark, Strong and Sweet.
 
Reading in bed or On the couch?
Bed. Reading is something I always do in the quiet of my room
 
Series or Standalone?
Either. Sometimes people make series just to make money or for the sake of writing a series which can spoil and drag out a story, but some stories can't be told in just one book, so it just depends.
 
Original or TV Adaptation?
I like both. I'm a media girl, I am doing a course in film (and its applicable to television) so I love to see how people can transform and change the written word into something beautiful visually. That being said sometimes an adaptation is better, sometimes it's worse, sometimes it's bang on. As with everything, it just depends.
 
 Defy motion sickness or Audiobooks?
I cannot read a book in a moving vehicle. I tried many times as a child and would have to sit with my mum for an hour eating and drinking something in a nice quiet still place to get over the feeling of wanting to violently throw up. However I don't listen to many audio books either, I'm much more of a music girl when it comes to long journeys
 
Author crushes or Who-was-that-guy-again?
I admire, but don't crush on authors
 
Interview or Guest post?
Either is good
Hope you guys join in with this. 
-Iona

No comments:

Post a Comment