Thursday 23 February 2012

NEWS: J. K. Rowling to write her first adult novel

J.K. Rowling has a new publishing deal with Little, Brown Book (UK) Group and Little, Brown and Company (US) to publish her first novel for adults.

Although the publisher has not yet revealed the title or publication date (further details about the novel will be announced later in the year) they did reveal the novel will be published in print and eBook formats; a thing that many of us are still impatiently waiting to happen to the Harry Potter books.

Little, Brown Book Group publisher David Shelley will edit and publish for UK readers and Michael Pietsch will publish in the United States.

Rowling released this statement: “Although I’ve enjoyed writing it every bit as much, my next book will be very different to the Harry Potter series, which has been published so brilliantly by Bloomsbury and my other publishers around the world. The freedom to explore new territory is a gift that Harry’s success has brought me, and with that new territory it seemed a logical progression to have a new publisher. I am delighted to have a second publishing home in Little, Brown, and a publishing team that will be a great partner in this new phase of my writing life.”

David Shelley said: "For me, quite simply, it is a personal and professional dream come true to be working with J.K. Rowling. She is one of the best storytellers in the world, and I am looking forward enormously to helping bring her new novel for adults to her fans and admirers, and to introducing her writing to new readers the world over."

Will you be reading Rowling's new book? I probably will be regardless of the storyline because I love her writing style but I'd like to see what she writes about and how much of a change it is from Harry Potter before I say 100% if I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment