Friday 13 July 2012

Big Book Survey

1. Favorite childhood book?
Harry Potter by Jo Rowling
2. What are you reading right now?
Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff. Yay so happy I have a copy!
3. What books do you have on request at the library?
I don’t really use the library because it’s not close to my house but I hope to borrow some when I move to Melton
4. Bad book habit?
Not reading a whole series. If I don't like the first book I won't bother
5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
None.
6. Do you have an e-reader?
Yup. A kindle keyboard. Had it for over a year now. I prefer real books
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
I prefer one at a time but I usually get so excited about books I usually start a few in one go.
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
I concentrate more on the writing style than I ever did
9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?)
Wither by Lauren DeStefano
10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.
11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
Not too often tbh.
12. What is your reading comfort zone?
Science Fiction,  Fantasy, YA
13. Can you read on the bus?
Nope, can’t read in motion at all. Makes me feel so ill
14. Favorite place to read?
In my bed. It's just the most comfy, cosy place to read
15. What is your policy on book lending?
I lend them out but I get very nervous and people don’t always give them back which makes me want to lend them out even less.
16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
Yep. I know! Bad habbit.
17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
No no no no. I understand why people do I just can't
18. Not even with text books?
Well yeah that’s different.
19. What is your favorite language to read in?
English. I can’t really say I know  another language well enough to read a novel in it
20. What makes you love a book?
Characters, writing style and just if it inspires me.
21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
I’m not sure, it depends.
22. Favorite genre?
Science Fiction
23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?)
Historical fiction. It interests me it's just not the first thing I reach for and so it usually gets forgotten
24. Favorite biography?
Boy By Roald Dahl. So great. Love his writing style.
25. Have you ever read a self-help book?
Nope they’re full of crap
26. Favorite cookbook?
I don’t really use them, the internet is better.
27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.
28. Favorite reading snack?
I don’t actually have one, hmm… need to come up with one.
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
Wither, everyone loved it but not me. Not me one bit.
30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
I don’t often read them tbh, I’m more into blogger reviews
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
If a book is bad in my opinion it’s bad and I think it’s important to add your opinion to a discussion so I don’t mind giving negative reviews.
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you choose?
Welsh because I spent my childhood in Wales but left before I could become fluent in the language and now I've pretty much forgotten it.
33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read? 
I don’t think I’ve ever found a book intimidating
34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?
See above
35. Favorite Poet?
Edgar Allen Poe
36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
None.
37. How often have you returned book to the library unread?
Not often
38. Favorite fictional character? 
Hermione or Violet from A Series of Unfortunate Events
39. Favorite fictional villain?
That’s a hard one!
40. Books you’re most likely to bring on vacation?
I don’t have specific vacation books, I just bring books I haven’t read yet.
41. The longest you’ve gone without reading.
Last year I read barely anything
42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
The Darkening Dream by Andy Gavin
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
Thinking or the TV
44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
Lord of the Rings. AMAZEBALLS films
45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
The Golden Compass adapted from Northern Lights. Such a BAD adaptation
46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
Not much, I spend more online, like £30/£40 in one go sometimes
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
I try not to do it because that can ruin it.
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
Bad characters or just a really terrible plot. 
49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
I like to alphabetise now but I never used to
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
Keep. My preciouses’. No one else gets to have ownership of my books unless they bore or anger me.
51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?
Not that I can think of
52. Name a book that made you angry.
Wuthering Heights. Classic love story? Um no… He’s a psychopath, she’s a spoiled little bat. Snore. Move on.
53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
I try to keep myself unexpecting when I go into books
54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
Insurgent.
55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?
I don’t really feel guilty about reading, it’s something I’m actually proud that I do a lot of.

No comments:

Post a Comment